Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year

Today is my 24th new year. I saw SITC the movie a couple of days ago (yeah, late eh?), and now i wonder when will i be able to experience new year with a kiss. Yeah i had those scene where new year was spent with family, new year with friends, new year wearing something just now i realized is the wrong choice of, ahem, slippers, see those are all singulars, because most of my new years are spent alone in my room smoking endlessly because every year quitting those cancer sticks is on the top of the list of my new years resolution. And this year? Well its still all the same except a little fancier (for me at least). Its fancy career wise because i never had enough sleep for the past three days, i barely had 6 hours of sleep from a technically three day shift. Clinical duty, transport nurse, clinical duty. Its fancy because i should be, at this moment, have been trying to get some good night sleep instead im watching reruns of brothers and sisters while making a blog entry through BIG. I'm old enough to experience grown up new year, maybe tons of booze and a post holiday throbbing head. But really all i want is a new years kiss. And also there's one thing i missed this year, its a yearly tradition and not being able to do it this year bothers me. This year, i didn't hear mass, just like i didn't hear mass on Christmas, just like i haven't gone to church for weeks now. Its a problem, it is a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment